The anchor will be attached to a roller and the chain stored below.
Collision Bulkhead and Locker
Two part foam is mixed and about 1 minute later begins to expand.
8 Cubic feet of 2lb foam is added.
The top will be part of theV-berth
The V-berth is Constructed
Bulkheads are used to support the framing.
Overall length is 7ft from the front to the bulkhead.
All the areas underneath will be accessible for dry storage.
Top of the bunk is fitted.
A large access hatch was built to facilitate larger items.
The V-berth will be seven feet long from the bowstem to the bulkhead. The landing was built so you could step down into the cabin and then foward into the prone position without hitting your head. The cabin roof will be high enough for an average size person to sit without hitting your head. I plan to build a "puzzle" piece to fit into this space so if we spend any time aboard we can make the entire cabin one large mattress.
Side Decks and Cabin Sides Go On
The cabin begins to take shape
The side is extended to the aft portion of the pilot house.
Decks forward are 12" wide and aft will be 6".
A view of the offset door to the cabin.
The cabin and pilot house stay parallel to the keel while the bow sweeps upwards.
Fuel Tanks Are Set
Each fuel tank has it's own cradle.
Attached sides into the stringers.
More supports to tie the sides into the stringers.
Additional support for the seats are added.
Deck support stringers are added to provide support and keep the tanks stationary.
Eight cubic feet of 2lb foam is added for additional floatation.
Neoprene strips are used for abrasion resistance.
The deck is cut and fitted to the sides.
The overall height of the fuel tanks required that I raise the deck about 3 inches above the height of the stringers. I did this by basically building a box and attaching it to the stringers. I made it so it would sit about an inch off the bottom. This way I was able to easily level it without having to do any fancy lofting. I just used my level and glued and screwed it into place.
Seeing where the height of the deck would end up was necessary before I could begin work on the placement of the helm. Once that was established I began laying out the helm station.